Nugi and Charlotte

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Yey! We're engaged!




Welcome to our new blog!

Our first big bit of news that we want to share is that we have just got engaged! Nugi asked me to marry him while we were in Costa Rica, and very romantic it was too! He took me to a beautiful spa overlooking a coffee plantation in the central valley of Costa Rica (www.xandari.com). We had our own villa, with a view of the valley and Volcan Poas, an active volcano, in the background. We spent the day using the spa facilities: having a mud wrap (!), enjoying the jacuzzi and the pool and just generally pampering ourselves.

In the evening Nugi told me to dress up so I kind of had a little inkling that he may be up to something, but dinner passed and still nothing had happened (though he had shuffled nervously around in his seat quite a lot!). We then went for a midnight swim, and still nothing. Finally, we were sitting quietly on the balcony sipping red wine by candlelight, looking over into the valley which was lit up as if by silver lanterns; the night was perfect as it was beautifully warm with a mild mountain breeze, the insects were singing and everything was peaceful. Nugi was still a little quieter than normal and seemed obsessed by kicking away the insects which kept divebombing on the floor in front of me, and I had by this time convinced myself that nothing was going to happen and put on some tracksuit bottoms instead of my dress. Then Nugi got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I later realised that he had been kicking the insects away as he was about to get down on both knees and had no desire to squish a cockroach in the process. Anyway, despite the tracksuit and the insects, he asked me anyway and so now it is full steam ahead with the wedding planning and we are both soooo excited!

Above is a picture of us the day after he asked me to marry him. I had been trying to pull of a tongue in cheek Posh n Becks style picture to show off the ring, but as we could both not stop laughing, we ended up with this one with the valley in the background.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Congrads and good luck with the planning!

5:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home