Nugi and Charlotte

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Passage from India!


"I'm sure that meeting was at 9 o'clock?!"


Phew, I'm home! After 12 months of travelling round the world posing as a corporate work whore I'm finally back in London after doing a bit of a moonlight flit! After tense negotiations I walked out of work sending shockwaves around work and with all of the bosses.

After a work schedule that has consistently been decided at the last minute, involved extended trips (to Athens, Sofia, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Aarhus and Madras to name but a few of the glamorous destinations I have visited), a particularly nasty two month stretch away from home with no weekends and no time to see my fiancee, friends or family, and longhaul economy flights, I have finally said enough is enough.

It all started on Friday when I told them that I would not take their less-than-24 hour notice request for me to work in India next week, missing yet another weekend at home, only to fly in to London the following weekend, leave immediately for Greece and thereby miss my own engagement celebrations! I informed my boss that I would be returning to London on the next flight and would not be completing any more work. He then tried to negotiate but soon realised that I would be on that flight whatever happened.

Clearly, it has sent everyone into a complete spin, including the Indian client who still think I'll be there on Monday and I have been getting phonecalls by people who think I've resigned, but I am home now and looking forward to some more time in London...well, given what I've just done I suspect some impending gardening leave and probably an indefinite stint in London...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rena said...

We need some updates!! Get blogging and let us all know how things are going.

I'd also love to see a picture of Rafferty with no teeth; poor kitty!

1:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home